Bilingual Spanish Counselor/Therapist
Hourly, Combination of day and evening hours. FT/40hrs
Under the general supervision of the Counseling Services Manager and Chief Program Officer -Counseling and Outreach, the Bilingual Counselor/Therapist will provide direct services to Spanish- and English- speaking adults and/or children at selected WEAVE counseling sites, based on counseling needs. This is a benefited position.
Direct Client Services
- Provide individual and group counseling for adults/children/youth
- Maintain accurate and complete client files
- Identify, assess and report cases of suspected child abuse/neglect to Child Protective Services
- Advocate for the concerns of clients with their parents, schools, the legal system, social service agencies and other helping professionals
- Foster problem-solving, conflict resolution and non-violent interactive skills among families
- Attend and participate in agency meetings and committees, as assigned
- Maintain accurate timesheets and other work-related documents
- Represent the agency in community speaking engagements and networking opportunities, as assigned
- Other job duties as assigned
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily in an office setting. Local travel (driving) may be required to attend off-site meetings, as needed. Lift and carry 25 lbs., extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back or open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb a ladder or stairs, or use an elevator. Sit frequently and/or stand when filing, using copier, etc. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes; utilize desk calculator, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.
- MSW/AMFT with current BBS registration and two years counseling experience
- Experience with domestic violence and sexual assault preferred
- Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish required
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Complete WEAVE’s 68-hour classroom training and counselor certification program (post-hiring requirement)
- Provide copy of valid California driver license, have reliable transportation, and submit current proof of vehicle insurance
- Satisfactory results from DOJ background check and TB Test (post employment offer requirement)
Click here to apply: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/WEAVE.jobs?ApplyToJob=218242824
Please visit our website at www.weaveinc.org. to see all open positions.
WEAVE welcomes diverse communities to apply and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WEAVE makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. All employment actions are based solely on an individual’s qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, cancer-related medical condition, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, ancestry citizenship, or marital status.