Part - time, non-exempt
Under the supervision of the WEAVE Retail Director, and Store Operations Manager, The retail associate is responsible for customer service. Knowledge of recycled clothing, and brands is preferred. The Retail associate may be required to assist with sorting and pricing. This position may include opening and closing the store. Counting the cash drawer at closing and locking the building. The Retail associate should have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Perform general retail duties including cashiering (as needed) and customer assistance;
- Demonstrate accuracy in cash handling all register transactions
- Ensure that work area is organized, clean and safe
- Pricing and sorting clothing donations
- Must be available on weekends
In-kind Donation Coordination
- Process in-kind donations for the store
- Assist with donations from donors, provides receipts and sorts incoming items
- Maintain documentation of donated goods and services
- Provide excellent stewardship and customer relations with all donors
- Perform general retail clerk duties including cashiering, customer assistance
- Attend In-Service meetings, agency staff meetings, agency annual retreat, and other agency meetings as needed
- Other job duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Retail experience preferred.
WEAVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diverse communities to apply