What can stalking look like?
There are many sign of stalking to be aware of.
- Repeated phone calls (including hang-ups) and making annoying or threatening phone calls
Vandalism of victim’s property
- Following victim or showing up at places victim frequents
- “Drive-bys” of victim’s home, work, school, friends, etc.
- Information gathering on victim – via the internet, post office, utilities, employer, school, etc.
- Sending letters, gifts, photographs, mementos
- Making false police reports against victim
- Contacting family members and friends of victim
- Violating restraining/stayaway orders
- “Spying” on victim and/or taking photographs of victim
- Using social media to find information about the victim
- Harassing the victim through social media
- Posting intimate photos of the victim without permission – revenge porn